Being off for the last 10 months has given me time to think about who I am, and the person that I want to be. I’ve come long way in overcoming my anxiety and PTSD but this year I want to take things further. There are certain people and situations both past and present that have been and are triggers for me. These triggers open folders in my subconscious reminding my of a hurt from my past. I react to these triggers with the fight of a heavy weight champion, consuming me with a disproportionate anger that is exhausting.
For 2017 I want my life to be less about drama and the desire to be in control. Focusing on nurturing important aspects of myself and my life, such as my well being- mental and physical- my relationships, and my career. In 2017 I want to feel calm and balanced, I want to forgive the past, release the future and SHOW UP for the present.
- Calm and balanced- I’ll be heading back to work in March so I will be juggling work, daycare, and family. I plan to maintain a regular work routine of 4-5 one hour workouts a week with one long run.
- Healthy and Strong – Spend a month trying out TRX classes at True Conditioning in Steveston.
- Inspired and Elated- I am registered to run the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon,and the Vancouver Rock’N’Roll Half Marathon.
- Bold and Challenged – Participate in the Point Grey Sprint Triathlon. It must be said: I find this goal intimidating, it’s pushing me way out of my comfort zone. I have considered taking it off my list several times. Which means it must happen because what doesn’t challenge you doesn’t change you.
- Empowered and Invigorated – Participate in the Vancouver Spartan Race.
- Happy and Connected- No matter how much there is to do we will have two #FamilyFun activities a month.
- Abundant and Thankful- I will have an #AttitudeofGratitude. For each month of the year I will write a note to someone I admire. Letting them know why they inspire me and thanking them for being them.
- PRESENT- Practice deep breathing and #PositiveAffirmations and #IntentionSetting daily. “Its all about my attitude.” I can choose to get caught up in the process or the drama that is around me. Or I can stop, take a deep breath, and choose to be present and enjoy the moment.
- Adventurous and Alive– By year end I will have hiked, Buntzen Lake, Brandywine Falls, Gold Creek Falls, and Quarry Rock
- Inspired and Amazed- Hike the Chief this summer.
- Carefree and Playful- Try a minimum of four dance classes at Tantra Fitness Richmond.
- Romantic and Enamor– Minimum 1 date night a month. NO EXCUSES
- Rested and Relaxed– By year end we will go on three local vacations.
- Accomplished & Confident– I will post two blogs a month. Increase my traffic by 50% and increase my readership by 10%. I will return to my full-time position with renewed vigor and a positive outlook, anticipating exciting changes and possibilities a year away provides.
- Prosperous- Increase my combined income streams by 5% by year end.
- Stable– Continue to contribute to my RRSP Plans, will supplementing my TFSA with an additional thousand dollars by year end.
- Responsible- eliminate any unsecured debt by year end. Maintain my sons RESP contributions and my life insurance while finalize my estate planning.
How about you?
New to Goal Setting? Check out Hello Peaceful Mind and download a FREE workbook to help you create new habits, reach your goals and have fun! Maybe you have some goal setting tips you’d like to share in the comments below?