This is the first of a two part series covering The TRX workout and True Conditioning studio in Richmond, B.C. Part 1 will cover TRX: What is it? Who should do it? and five reasons to try it. In Part 2 I will review five group fitness classes at True Conditioning, including two TRX classes.
TRX stands for Total Body Resistance Exercise. This type of exercise focuses on suspension training and the movements of the body while suspended. This type of workout has been gaining momentum for the last several years.
Depending on the positioning of your body on the cables, you can perform exercises that build power, strength, core stability, flexibility, and balance. Sounds like a fun way to get a total-body cardio and strength workout, right? That’s exactly what I thought!
Who should Do TRX?
This workout is for anyone. Popular with Yoga and Pilate enthusiasts since there is some crossover, its also great for runners, cyclists, or any endurance athlete interested in incorporating more strength training.
here are 5 Reasons to Try TRX
- Perfect for anyone at any fitness level! With one small step, you can make any workout go from beginner to advanced.
- Not much time? This workout makes transitioning from one exercise to the next simple, it literally takes seconds and will cut your workout time in half.
- Quick transitions from strength movements to more dynamic fast paced exercises, make it a great way to spike your heart rate allowing you to burn more calories fast.
- Not only low impact, but every single exercise incorporates your core! Not just your abs, but you lower back, obliques, pelvis, and chest! Improving core strength is vital for anyone looking to improve their overall stability, balance and flexibility.
- A great way to challenge yourself while having fun!
Before committing to individual training I suggest signing up for a class at a gym or studio to ensure you learn the proper technique, True Conditioning in Richmond, B.C. offers an excellent beginners class. 😉
Have you tried a TRX workout, what did you think? I’d love to hear from you!