I was reluctant to do this point, but it forced me to read my original objective of the year and provided a much needed reminder. At the beginning of this year, I decided that 2017 isn’t just going to be about crossing goals off my list, it’s going to be about how I want to feel.
For 2017 I want my life to be less about drama and the desire to be in control. Focusing on nurturing important aspects of myself and my life, such as my well being- mental and physical- my relationships, and my career. In 2017 I want to feel calm and balanced, I want to forgive the past, release the future and SHOW UP for the present.
So how have I been doing?
- Calm and balanced- I am getting in workouts just not as structured and as consistent as I had wanted. Despite the lack structure for the most part I have felt calm and balanced in 2017.
- Healthy and Strong – As intended I spent a month trying out TRX classes at True Conditioning in Steveston. Not only did this experience help me to feel healthy and strong it also helped me to feel inspired. Sophie Manfiredi owner of the studio has created a supportive community vibe with her warmth and positive outlook.
- Inspired and Elated- Although I ran the BMO half marathon I fell short in the feelings of inspiration and elation. I intended to run the Vancouver Rock’n’Roll Half but it has since been cancelled. I am on the look out for an inspiring half….anyone want to give up there SeaWheeze spot?? 😉
- Bold and Challenged – despite being out of my comfort zone I intended to participate in the Point Grey Sprint Triathlon. Instead that weekend I threw a surprise party for my fiancés 40th Birthday.
- Empowered and Invigorated – I did not participate in the Vancouver Spartan Race. I am still looking to feel empowered and invigorated, any suggestions??
- Happy and Connected- I set out to have two #FamilyFun activities a month. Despite the kids varying ages and our relentless schedule we have achieved both the family fun activities as well as feelings of happiness and connection.
- Abundant and Thankful- I intended to have an #AttitudeofGratitude. For each month of the year I would write a note to someone I admire. Letting them know why they inspire me and thanking them for being them. This project got off to a great start at the beginning of the year, resulting in overwhelming feelings of abundance and thankfulness. However I tried mailing a card out snail-mail and one was RTS. This took the wind out of my sails for a couple of months. I have since recovered and have been reaching out to individuals through email and Facebook Messenger.
- PRESENT- I wanted to practice deep breathing #PositiveAffirmations and #IntentionSetting “It’s all about my attitude.” I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go. I have been setting affirmations daily and intentions weekly. They have been helpful reminders but I still need to work on being PRESENT.
- I wanted to feel Adventurous and Alive– By year end I said I would hike, Buntzen Lake, Brandywine Falls, Gold Creek Falls, and Quarry Rock. In addition to that I also wanted to feel Inspired and Amazed by hiking the Chief. I have yet to complete any of these hikes, to be honest I think it will be a real challenge. I can say that I was able to complete a 6km walk along the Wild Pacific Trail in Ucluelet B.C. Not only did it invoke feeling of adventure and vitality its wild beauty inspired and amazed me.
- Chasing feeling of Carefree and Playfulness with a minimum of four dance classes at Tantra Fitness Richmond. I have completed one of these classes with plans to schedule more after summer holidays. The class certainly evoked feelings of playfulness but rather than feeling carefree I felt bold and a little bit sassy. 😉
- After a year of being consumed by the demands of a new baby I was in search of feelings of Romance and Love. We have maintained 1 date night a month both at home and out on the town. Plus there was an amazingly romantic beach proposal at the beginning of June.
- Looking to feel Rested and Relaxed– Happy to report that we have completed 2 family vacations with another scheduled for the end of July. These vacations have helped me not only to feel rested and relaxed but also happy and connected with my family.
- In business I wanted to feel Accomplished & Confident by posting 2 blogs a months a month, and increasing my traffic by 50%. I have achieved both of these objectives, while meeting many more smaller social media objectives. In addition to this I returned to my full-time position adapting to changes a year off provides. Although I feel accomplished and confident there is a feeling in this category that I am still searching for and have yet to find….stay tuned.
- I wanted to feel Prosperous-and set the objective to income streams by 5% by year end. At 6 months I am halfway there.
- I also wanted to feel financially stable by continuing to contribute to my RRSP Plans, and supplementing my TFSA with an additional thousand dollars. I have successfully contributed to my RRSP plans but have yet to add to my TSFA.
- To feel Responsible-I planned to a eliminate any unsecured debt by year end. Maintain my sons RESP contributions and my life insurance while finalizing estate planning. I am still working on reducing my unsecured debit. However, I have continued with my sons RESP and my life insurance in addition to increasing my coverage, estate planning is still pending.
2017 So far…….
At the being of the year I decided that I was tired of dwelling on the pain of my both mine and my loved ones pasts. I have always believed that by holding onto anger and resentments I was protecting myself and the ones I love. The reality is that I have been pulling these past experiences into the present and reliving them over and over.
I have come along way, achieving many of the feelings that I was looking for, however I lost sight of the principles and energy that originally guided my goals. So six months into the year I’m adding Peace and Release to my #2017Feels. I am going to practice meditation at least once a week for the next year to help keep me focused.